8554 Indianapolis Blvd.
Highland, IN 46322
Updated On: Apr 05, 2021
The IBEW Local 697 Golf League for 2021 will begin play on Monday, April 26th at River Pointe Golf Course – 6700 Country Club Road in Hobart, Indiana.
2021 Golf League Scheudle
Monday, April 26th - League play begins
Monday, May 10th - League fees deadline = $100 total
Monday, June 21st - Last night of the 1st half
Monday, June 28th - Mid year scramble for League Members only. Format TBD.
Saturday, July 17th - The IBEW State Golf Tournament will be hosted by IBEW Local 668 at Coyote Crossing.
Monday, September 13th - Last night of the 2nd half
Monday, September 20th - 2nd half scramble for League Members only. Format TBD and this is the last official night of league play.
Saturday September 25th OR Sunday, September 26th - End of the year outing. Final date, location and time TBD.
A SYNOPSIS OF OUR RULES
1. DUES MUST BE PAID IN A TIMELY MANNER SO THE SECRETARY CAN SET FLIGHTS!!
2. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Turn in your scorecard after 9 holes.
3. WINTER RULES: Improve your lie anywhere on the course except in a hazard, on the green, or within1 club length of a tree or boundary fence, in which case the ball must be played down (or moved under penalty of one (1) stroke).
4. STONES IN SAND TRAP: Pick, rake and place.
5. PAR 3s: Drown your tee ball; drop on the other side of the water hitting 3. (Take the water out of play. You’re not going to score on this hole anyway so move on. Keep up the pace of play.)
6. TOURNAMENT SCORING: Play against other members of your flight.
7. PACE OF PLAY: Triple bogey MAXIMUM PER HOLE. (6 on par 3’s, 7 on par 4’s, 8 on par 5’s). Wave up next group on par 3’s if they’re ready to hit.
8. PUTTING: Putt out unless you’ll be standing in someone’s line. All putts must be holed…NO GIMMES! EXCEPTION: See rule #7.
9. SCORE VERIFICATION: You must have another league member in your group for your score to count.
10. TEES: 697 league uses the White tees. Seniors, 65 and older and D Flight members, may use the yellow tees.
11. RAIN OUT: If 50%, or more, of average # of players show up and actually finish a round, that night will count. If not then the night is a rain out.
12. Make up rounds allowed. You MUST clear it w/ the course first (no other leagues, etc.). Make up BEFORE round is missed. Inform secretary of your intentions. Leave score card in 50/50 box. You MUST play w/ another league member…both (all) players’ scores will count
13. Only league members will be allowed to participate in the weekly skins and pins game.