What's New at IBEW 697
POSTED: 7:00am – Friday, January 15, 2021
RE: Official Notification – January Union Meeting CANCELLED
Brothers & Sisters –
IBEW International President Stephenson has given the Vice-Presidents of the Districts the authority to approve the cancellations of Local Union Meetings to protect the Membership during this global pandemic. For the health of our members, our members rights and the ability to conduct the business of the Local Unions; 6th District Vice-President Ruhmkorff established the following temporary policy to address the current coronavirus pandemic...
- Local Unions that are required to cancel a monthly membership meeting because of a concern regarding COVID-19, must request their desire in writing.
- Request must include the date of the meeting and the average number of members in attendance.
- Requests will be granted on a month to month basis; a new request must be submitted for each month.
- The local union will be required to give 72-hour notice to the membership of the cancellation.
- If the local Center for Disease Control (CDC) or local government has issued any kind of warning, alerts or Executive Orders regarding COVID-19, it must be included with the request.
- The Local Union Executive Board will still be required to meet during the month of cancellation.
In the effort to protect the health and safety of the Local 697 membership and maintain compliance with our International and the 6th District, the Local 697 January 18, 2021 Union Meeting has been cancelled. Attached is the letter I sent to the 6th District requesting to cancel our January Union Meeting and the official approval from Vice-President Ruhmkorff.
Please continue to keep yourself and your family safe.
Ryan R. Reithel
Business Manager / Financial Secretary
IBEW Local 697
Download: Local 697 request to IVP - cancel January Union Meeting.pdf , IVP Approval - January Meeting Cancellation.pdf , Official Notification – January Union Meeting CANCELLED.pdf
Attention IBEW Local 697 Retirees and all Hoosiers age 70 and above.
You are now eligible to receive the Covid-19 Vaccine.
Register at www.ourshot.in.gov or Call 211Community Healthcare System offers two (2) Vaccine Clinic locations:Community HospitalMedical Office Building, Suite 304801 MacArthur Blvd.Munster, IN 46321Community Stroke & Rehabilitation CenterImmediate Care entrance10215 BroadwayCrown Point, IN 46307
RE: Coronavirus Update from Local 697 – Interior of the building is CLOSED until further notice due to multiple positive cases with the staff.
Brothers & Sisters -
With the increase in COVID-19 cases directly within the Local 697 organization and multiple positive cases within the departments in the building, we have made the follow adjustments to the operations of the building. It is critical to keep health care, pension checks, sub fund, credit union accounts, vacation fund, loans, death benefits, incoming/outgoing mail and official union business going for you and your family.
Effective immediately and until further notice…
- The 697 Business Office lobby is closed, and limited staff is here and available by phone at 219-945-0697 for any questions. We are requiring all members to be seen by appointment only for specific issues that cannot be discussed effectively over the phone or through email. Face masks are required for all scheduled visits. Please remember that dues payments can be made online, on the Local 697 website/app or the credit union can send your payment. A Local 697 member can register on the out of work list (book) via e-mail to email@example.com. A traveling member can register via the same email from Business Manager to Business Manager.
- The 697 Credit Union lobby is closed but the drive-thru will remain OPEN and loans will still be available. Limited staff is here and available by phone at 219-940-6180 for any questions.
- The 697 Health & Benefits Office lobby is closed. Limited staff is here and available by phone at 219-940-6181 for any questions. All self-payments can be dropped off in the Credit Union drive-thru. We are requiring all members to be seen by appointment only for specific issues that cannot be discussed effectively over the phone or through email. Face masks are required for all scheduled visits.
- The 697 JATC lobby is closed. Apprentice classes have been shifted to hybrid e-learning from the safety of their homes and pre-scheduled in person training/testing. Additionally, all journeyman classes have been suspended. Limited staff is here and available by phone 219-940-6175 for any questions. Applications for the apprenticeship can be done online at www.697jatc.org
Thank you for your cooperation, understanding and patience as limited staff is here on site and others are working remotely from home.
Ryan R. Reithel
Business Manager / Financial Secretary
I.B.E.W Local Union 697
Download: Local 697 Update 01-04-2021 8am.pdf
The recent Covid-19 global pandemic has flipped our lives inside out. Stress and depression have become our new normal and most of us don’t even realize it. Life isn’t always easy, but with Perspectives’ EAP, getting help or support is. Perspectives’ EAP is available 24/7. Access to a variety of resources is at your fingertips.
ONLINE: Perspectives Online is a convenient way to access a vast and continually refreshed library of articles, self-guided assessments, searchable databases, skill building courses, links, information and resources in the following areas: Parenting, Aging, Balancing, Thriving, Working, Living, and International. www.perspectivesltd.com
OVER THE PHONE: Masters and PhD level EAP counselors are available to answer any questions and/or work with you to locate resources to assist you. 1-800-456-6327
IN-PERSON: Counselors will listen and assess your situation in order to develop a plan of action best suited to your needs. When appropriate, this plan may consist of short-term counseling within the EAP. Other times, you may receive a referral to a qualified professional and/or resource for further assistance. To schedule an appointment, call between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. CST weekdays.
Don’t wait until it’s too late…