The Turkey Creek Golf Course is open and the Local 697 Golf League has officially started. Please make sure you follow the new "Covid-19" rules that will be posted at the course and follow the recommended CDC guidelines. Play begins at 3:00pm every Thursday at Turkey Creek Golf Course - 6400 Harrison Street in Merrillville.
The IBEW State Golf Tournament has been cancelled for this year. It will be hosted next year by IBEW Local 668 on July 17, 2021 at Coyote Crossing.
2020 Golf League Scheudle
May 7th - League play begins
May 9th - League fees deadline - $100 Total ($90 dues + $10 Scramble fees)
June 25th - Last night of 1st half
July 2nd - Mid-year scramble League members only! Format TBA
August 27th - Last night of 2nd half
September 3rd - 2nd half scramble. Format TBA League members only! Last official night of league play.
September 26th - End of the year outing at Minne Monesse Golf Course 15944 E 6 Mile Grove Road - Grant Park, Illinois. Shotgun strt at 8:00am.
A SYNOPSIS OF OUR RULES
1. DUES MUST BE PAID IN A TIMELY MANNER SO THE SECRETARY CAN SET FLIGHTS!!
2. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! turn in your scorecard after 9 holes.
3. WINTER RULES: Improve your lie anywhere on the course except in a hazard, on the green, or within
1 club length of a tree or boundary fence, in which case the ball must be played down (or moved under penalty of one (1) stroke).
4. STONES IN SAND TRAP: Pick, rake and place.
5. PAR 3s: Drown your tee ball; drop on the other side of the water hitting 3. (Take the water out of play. You’re not going to score on this hole anyway so move on. Keep up the pace of play.)
6. TOURNAMENT SCORING: Play against other members of your flight.
7. PACE OF PLAY: DOUBLE PAR MAXIMUM PER HOLE. (6 on par 3’s, 8 on par 4’s, 10 on par 5’s). Wave up next group on par 3’s if they’re ready to hit.
8. PUTTING: Putt out unless you’ll be standing in someone’s line. All putts must be holed…NO GIMMES! EXCEPTION: See rule #7.
9. SCORE VERIFICATION: You must have another league member in your group for your score to count.
10. TEES: White tees. Seniors, 65 and older, may use the yellow tees.
11. RAIN OUT: If 50%, or more, of average # of players show up and actually finish a round, that night will count. If not then the night is a rain out.
12. Make up rounds allowed. You MUST clear it w/ the course first (no other leagues, etc.). Make up BEFORE round is missed. Inform secretary of your intentions. Leave score card in 50/50 box. You MUST play w/ another league member…both (all) players’ scores will count
13. Only league members will be allowed to participate in the weekly skins and pins game.
14. NOTE: No Golf July 4th. There is one rain date built into the schedule so some dates could change.