What's New at IBEW 697
Attention All 697 Members in Good Standing and Current on their Dues and Death Assessments...
All members’ children living at home and attending college for the 2020-2021 school year are eligible to submit their names to the scholarship pool. Awards will be based on part time - $500 (up to 11 registered hours) or full time - $1,000 (12 or more registered hours).
Please complete the attached pool entry form or, the one that was in the 697 summer newsletter to enter your son/daughter and return it to:
Local Union 697 Scholarship Grant
7200 Mississippi Street, Suite 200
Merrillville, IN 46410
All applications MUST be returned to the Local Union Office by Monday, July 13, 2020
Names will be drawn at the July Union Meeting.
Download: Scholarship Form 2020.pdf
Coronavirus Update from Local 697 – Interior of the building closed to everyone EXCEPT FOR STAFF
Brothers & Sisters -
With the increase in COVID-19 cases, the IBEW Local 697 Complex will be in full operation but the interior of the building will be CLOSED to everyone except the staff. It is critical to keep health care, pension checks, sub fund, credit union accounts, vacation fund, loans, death benefits, incoming/outgoing mail and official union business going for you and your family.
Effective immediately and until futher notice...
- The 697 JATC lobby is closed, all apprentice classes have been suspended and all student have been shifted to e-learning from the safety of their homes. Additionally, all journeyman classes have been suspended. The staff is here working on the e-learning material and available by phone 219-940-6175 for any questions.
- The 697 Credit Union lobby is closed but the drive-thru will remain OPEN and loans will still be available. The staff is here and available by phone at 219-940-6180 for any questions.
- The 697 Health & Benefits Office lobby is closed. The staff is here and available by phone at 219-940-6181 for any questions. We are requiring all members to be seen by appointment only for specific issues that cannot be discussed effectively over the phone or through email.
- The 697 Business Office lobby is closed but the staff is here and available by phone at 219-945-0697 for any questions. We are requiring all members to be seen by appointment only for specific issues that cannot be discussed effectively over the phone or through email. Please remember that dues payments can be made online, on the Local 697 website/app or the credit union can send your payment. A Local 697 member can register on the out of work list (book) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax 219-945-0650. A traveling member can register via the same email or fax by submitting…
- Current Dues Receipt that shows classification with; letter of introduction from home Local or current term-slip within 3 days of separation
- Business Manager to Business Manager
As you know we are in a state of emergency and this situation can change at any time. Thank you for your cooperation, understanding and support during this critical time for our Local, our families and our Nation.
Ryan R. Reithel
Business Manager / Financial Secretary
I.B.E.W Local Union 697
Download: Local 697 Update 3-20-2020 5pm.pdf