What's New at IBEW 697Wednesday, April 1, 2020The Local 697 Covid-19 Bulletin Board is located under the “Members” tab of the Local 697 website or app, under “What’s New” on the home page and/or by typing in www.ibew697.org/covid-19
- Hours of operation for the Local 697 Complex – CLOSED to everyone EXCEPT the staff
- CARES ACT – federal legislation Q&A
- Northern Indiana Disease Emergency Response Agreement (NIDERA) – protection for you
- Indiana Executive Orders – detailed information from Governor Holcomb
- Going to work during the “Stay-at-Home Order” – safety and supporting documentation
- Filing for unemployment – new rules and the 1 week wait time is suspended
- Local 697 Sub Fund – temporary emergency changes
- Health Care – hours, eligibility and Paylocity Q&A
- Credit Union – new member assistance loans and hardship assistance
- Annuity – Vanguard account
- Teladoc – telemedicine included for free with your Local 697 Healthcare
- Veterans – Indiana Department of Veteran Affairs Military Family Relief Fund
- Blood Donations – how and where to donate during this global pandemic
More information will follow later today…In Solidarity,Ryan R. ReithelBusiness Manager / Financial SecretaryIBEW Local Union 697
Coronavirus Update from Local 697 – Interior of the building closed to everyone EXCEPT FOR STAFF
Brothers & Sisters -
With the increase in COVID-19 cases, the IBEW Local 697 Complex will be in full operation but the interior of the building will be CLOSED to everyone except the staff. It is critical to keep health care, pension checks, sub fund, credit union accounts, vacation fund, loans, death benefits, incoming/outgoing mail and official union business going for you and your family.
Effective immediately and until futher notice...
- The 697 JATC lobby is closed, all apprentice classes have been suspended and all student have been shifted to e-learning from the safety of their homes. Additionally, all journeyman classes have been suspended. The staff is here working on the e-learning material and available by phone 219-940-6175 for any questions.
- The 697 Credit Union lobby is closed but the drive-thru will remain OPEN and loans will still be available. The staff is here and available by phone at 219-940-6180 for any questions.
- The 697 Health & Benefits Office lobby is closed. The staff is here and available by phone at 219-940-6181 for any questions. We are requiring all members to be seen by appointment only for specific issues that cannot be discussed effectively over the phone or through email.
- The 697 Business Office lobby is closed but the staff is here and available by phone at 219-945-0697 for any questions. We are requiring all members to be seen by appointment only for specific issues that cannot be discussed effectively over the phone or through email. Please remember that dues payments can be made online, on the Local 697 website/app or the credit union can send your payment. A Local 697 member can register on the out of work list (book) via e-mail to email@example.com or by fax 219-945-0650. A traveling member can register via the same email or fax by submitting…
- Current Dues Receipt that shows classification with; letter of introduction from home Local or current term-slip within 3 days of separation
- Business Manager to Business Manager
As you know we are in a state of emergency and this situation can change at any time. Thank you for your cooperation, understanding and support during this critical time for our Local, our families and our Nation.
Ryan R. Reithel
Business Manager / Financial Secretary
I.B.E.W Local Union 697
Download: Local 697 Update 3-20-2020 5pm.pdf